At Schmidt Industries, Inc. we employ the most efficient carpenters to get our jobs done sooner than any of our competitors. We take pride in our employees and their skills, and we work as a team to get things done.
Our crews mostly build a wide variety of homes, but we occasionally work on commercial projects as well.
If this sounds like the kind of team you want to be a part of, and you’re ready to work hard and build fast in the Twin Cities Metro area and across Central Minnesota, we may have a spot for you on one of our framing crews. Check out some of the general job descriptions below and fill out the application.
- very competitive compensation w/bonus incentives;
- fair treatment;
- room for growth;
- awards for effort and teamwork;
- forklift on every jobsite;
- new tools;
- crane used for roof trusses; and more!
We expect all of our employees to:
- have a high school diploma or GED equivalent;
- have an appropriate level of experience depending on the position being applied for;
- work Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. with possible overtime;
- be dependable, self-motivated, organized, punctual and highly efficient; and,
- have a current driver’s license.
The framing foreman will:
- facilitate a safe working environment based on OSHA and common sense;
- ensure crew operates in a safe manner and is prepared for work every day;
- work efficiently with contractors to deliver best product possible to customer in the quickest manner;
- understand and carry out company policies on the job site;
- lead crew of 4-5 carpenters;
- maintain an operational inventory of necessary tools, safety equipment, equipment and vehicles;
- perform framing installation alongside carpenters – this is a “bags on” position; and
- have a minimum of 1 year of foreman framing experience and 5 years framing experience.
The lead carpenter will:
- supervise the activities of the carpenters;
- be responsible for the efficient and profitable use of time, manpower and materials on each project;
- follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients;
- perform framing installation alongside carpenters; and
- have a minimum of 3 years framing experience.
The carpenter will:
- measure, cut, or shape wood and other materials;
- construct building frameworks, including wall studs, floor joists, and doorframes; and,
- help put up, level, and install building framework with the aid of large pulleys and cranes.